Board Meeting: January 5, 2019
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
- 1:00 PM
Board: Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Tracy Homer, Bryan Howard, Laurie Kay, Sue Joslin, Billy Huddleston
Members: Andrew Messersmith, Tony Baker, Duskin Fairchild, Susannah Alexander, John Nowack, Jason Colby, Devin Colby, James Broyles, Sean Simoneau
Non-Members: LuAnn Smith
- Issac welcomed general membership
- Issac handed out agenda (with cats)
- Tracy gave financial report
- Andrew updated us on codes situation
- Waiting on punch-list from electrical contractor
- Work needed was much less than originally thought and we can DIY some of it
- Andrew gave update on grant progress
- We maybe don't need stamped plans for pole-barn - yay save money!
- Opted for larger porch and the building is a little more expensive but not much
- Received $2000 grant check from Aslan Foundation
- Sent plans to architect but holidays delay things sometimes
- Architect has submitted the plans to the city for the classroom wall, not really any update from that.
- Maybe we don't have to use super expensive sound proofing materials - we could do good enough with just standard drywall and insulation
- Will we have to resubmit plans? We don't know.
- Installing a door is not cheap, but we have to do it.
- Discussed Conflict Resolution Policy that Tracy and Issac put out.
- Andrew suggested some linguistic sugar to the beginning to give more of the intent of the document
- A question was asked regarding what to do if a member has an issue with a Peace Officer
- A question was raised about how to get rid of a Peace Officer - decided to bring that back up at the end of the meeting (after the Bylaws discussion)
- Issac asked Laurie to remove herself from the meeting so we could sweetly talk about her behind her back.
- Issac handed out a document with the intended candidates for the 2019 Board of Directors
- Fearless Leader (President) - Issac Merkle
- Membership Dictator (Secretary) - Tracy Homer
- Chancellor of the Exchequer (Treasurer) - Sue Joslin
- Events Coordinator - Tabitha Sheldon
- Community Director - Sean Simoneau
- Technical Director - Jondale Stratton
- Facilities Director - Bryan Howard
- Wizard of the Webs - Billy Huddleston
- Development Director - Andrew Messersmith
- Creative Director position is bullshit
- Issac pledges to be useless as the president going forward
- Issac introduced the next topic - proposed updates to the Bylaws
- Please see upcoming Annual Member meeting email to view proposed changes made to the bylaws
- If Duskin wants a party, she better have it quick.
- Bryan pointed out that all of our votes have been unanimous, and no one was wearing their name badge
- Issac brought a binder for Laurie to add projects
- Next board meeting scheduled for February 2nd at 1pm
- Voted unanimously to create Blacksmithing zone
- Voted unanimously to appoint Andrew Messersmith as czar of Blacksmithing zone
- Voted unanimously to take all air filters from general fund instead of each individual zone's budget
- Voted unanimously to add new Conflict Resolution Policy to the Membership Rules, contingent on changes discussed
- Voted unanimously to select Ray and Laurie as Peace Officers for 2019; to be voted upon at the annual meeting
- Voted unanimously on the changes handed out by Issac, contingent on changes discussed