Adding Events to Google+
This procedure should explain the process for adding an event to Knox Maker's Google+ social media page.
- Start at your Google+ home page. You must be logged into your Google account for this to work.
- From your Google+ page, go to the navigation menu in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Select "Pages" from the navigation menu. If you only manage one page, it will take you to the Knox Makers management screen directly.
- From the management page, click the menu button in the upper left corner of the screen. Select the option for "Google+ Page" to be taken to the Knox Makers posts page.
Adding an event to the Google+ feed
- From the posts page, the box below the banner image will be an empty text box, and will allow you to select options starting with "Text, Photos,..." etc. Select the option for "Event".
- The format of the box will change, and it will load the event with a default random theme.
- Click the "Change Theme" button. This will open a dialog box that allows you to select from a number of themes. If you are re-using an existing banner image, you can click "Your Images" and search to find the existing image.
- To upload a new custom banner image, click "Upload". You may either drag an image to the box, or browse to select the image from your computer.
- The image format for Google+ banners is 1200x300 pixels. Larger images will be cropped to fit this size, and images with different aspect ratios may not look appropriate.
- After setting the theme image, set the title for the event.
- Event options are left as default.
- Specify the date and time of the event in the appropriate boxes.
- Include the address of the event. Our current address is 116 Childress Street, Knoxville, TN 37920.
- In the details box, use the course description that is developed for advertising each event.
- In the "To:" field, invite the circles "Knox Makers Members" and "Local People". This will specifically invite everyone in those circles, and not spam people who are not in the area.
- Finally, review all entered information for accuracy. Once satisfied the information is correct, click the "Invite" button to create the event and invite the people to the event.