Board Meeting: May 17, 2015
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at Tech 20/20 board room
Voting: Sam M. Doug L. Jondale S. Issac M. James B.
Attending: David B.
- 3D Printing Meetup Group is good idea but punted due to time constraints.
- Jondale appointed Tech Director.
- We are now categorized as a vocational school instead of a factory in new space plans. This means making some minor changes to the plan involving the bathrooms. Sam is working on a P&L statement.
- Sam gave us a financial update. Still being converted fully over to Quickbooks.
- Need to improve visibility of ticket system. Assign open items to someone.
- Website in development. New hosting will be used for development and then switched when ready. Think about wording to use on webpage.
- Issac prioritizing new access system. The interface is well under way. The next step determining hardware. James will be making recommendations.
- National Maker Faire possibility June 12-13. Application submitted, decision May 18.
- Still deciding on other maker faires. Depends on time of move.
- Maybe take on take part in Millenium Falcon Project later this fall after move.
- We'll have a booth at Pellissippi MakerPaloosa. Thursday, June 18th. 10am-4pm. James taking point. Announce Tuesday, ask for volunteers.
- Fighting machine Tournament pushed off until after move.
- Looking at Creative Placemaking grant. Focusing on Community Development.
- ABC grant would require a specific program. Still working on this.
- Think about a possible Newsletter.
- Voted to move to new hosting.
- Upgrade Google Apps to non-profit status.
- Press releases for big events only.
- Advertising budget update and speak about adding to it when necessary and after move.
- revisit 3D printing Meetup group
- revisit Tech Director/Secretary
- space move update
- Sam - P&L Statements to Justin
- volunteers to help with the move and remodel
- financial review
- review Trouble Ticket Items
- Check webpage update status
- Makhan's ticket system
- National Maker Faire (June 12-13)
- Revisit Nashville Mini MakerFaire
- Revisit Chattanooga Mini MakerFaire
- Revisit Atlanta MakerFaire
- Full Scale Millennium Falcon Project
- National Week of Making
- Pellissippi MakerPalooza
- Fighting machine tourney update
- Library Outreach update
- Creative Placemaking update
- ABC update
- UTK Business School Final Report
- review Final Report
- website redesign
- assign actionable items
- Google Apps Non-profit
- Press releases going forward
- Advertising budget
- Upcoming calendar