Board Meeting: January 29, 2018
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
- 6:00 PM
Board: Doug Laney, Tracy Homer, Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Bryan Howard, James Broyles, Laurie Kay
Members: Greg Tune
- Discussed the Conflict of Interest policy and signed for 2018.
- Briefly went over the TN Non-Profit Guidebook for our new board members.
- Discussed whether we should market our classes to parents, or give private tours to groups.
- Argued whether Issac or Doug disagree with people more.
- Decided that we don't have a problem drinking while we're sewing.
- Talked about how we want to be involved in EarthFest.
- Made note that there is a Board To Do List on the shared cloud, and went through some of the items.
- Plans to close each month financials and send out a report shortly before the next month's board meeting.
- Discussed how much to distribute of our 2016 Net Revenue to the czar areas.
- Talked about getting a grant to build a forge/blacksmith area and partner with ETTAC.
- Talked about how to inspire members and seed culture.
- Voted unanimously to ratify Mike Saunders and Sean Simoneau as new czars
- Voted unanimously to grant each of the czars $300 for their areas