Board Meeting: April 30, 2018
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
- 6:30 PM
Board: Doug Laney, James Broyles, Tracy Homer, Issac Merkle, Laurie Kay
Members: Dan Stanfill
- Went over last month's minutes.
- Financial update - netted about $1300 in March
- Discovered suspect donuts on the podium, did not take the bait
- Discussed how long to leave leatherworking zone czarless, will send email to members
- Doug updated on codes enforcement issues
- Grants update:
- Bailey Opportunity grant was awarded for $10,000 to set up blacksmithing area
- Knox Makers was listed in the City of Knoxville proposed budget for next year
- Need to move forward with planning the blacksmithing area as the money is coming in
- Scheduled upcoming events - czar meetup, space day, open house - look at the calendar!
- Talked about getting assistance for some of the data entry tasks
- Discussed the shithole that is the rental area and how to clean it up
- Reminisced about the airplane chairs we had before we got these nice, free, reasonably comfortable chairs
- Mooned over Barbara the Blender Bike
- Some members are interested in a Ham area - Doug tasked them to come back with a proposal
- James brought up how to train people how to use Pablo and loaning it out
- Can we use open flames in the space? Depends on the project.
- Can we make biological experiments that are not recommended for human consumption in the space? We have no idea.
- Actually walked over to look at the shithole rental area and further discussed how to clean it up
- Nothing. We voted on nothing.