Board Meeting: March 3, 2019
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
- 2:00 PM
Board: Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Tracy Homer, Bryan Howard, Sue Joslin, Billy Huddleston, Tabby Sheldon, Sean Simoneau, Andrew Messersmith
Members: Tony Baker, Jeff Drum, Bobby Sheldon, John Nowak
- Vocabulary word for the day: Hypothecate: To pledge (property) as security or collateral for a debt without transfer of title or possession.
- Jeff updated us on the situation with the outside tenant and the drama that ensued the night before, and apologized for changing the lock.
- Jeff also updated on the main door being replaced.
- Jeff is great.
- Sue gave financial update.
- 169 members
- $3 profit for February! yay!
- Decided to wait until later in the year to allocate general funds to the zones.
- Sue presented the 2019 Operating Budget (one vote, see below).
- Issac recommended that Sue wears a turban next time she makes financial predictions
- Andrew gave codes compliance update.
- Have stamped paperwork for the dust collection system. yay!
- Still need to procure uni-strut for electrical issues.
- Really need to get that extra egress in. Discussed logistics regarding that.
- Andrew updated on grants - submitted outdoor metal shop plans to the city - no update yet.
- Jondale led discussion on an Equipment Lease form and Equipment Donation form.
- Adopting these forms is a great idea, but have to be looked over for exact wording - will be discussed next month.
- Discussed how to empty the rental bays. Do we get a storage unit for the KM stuff, or just get rid of it?
- Plan to start charging for tall storage on April 1st. Bryan/Sue will contact current renters.
- Discussed how to deal with "Not Quite Right" content during show and share.
- Going to try having a sign up sheet for show and share.
- Sean updates on community opportunities.
- Sean is trying to get something together for the Asheville Mini-Maker Faire
- Discussed member that shot the commercial in the space (two votes, see below).
- Attempted contact in various ways to ask more information from him/her.
- Questions are two fold; how to gain more information about commercial, and what to do about member.
- Discussed what it means to terminate a member - never done that before.
- It does not mean banning someone as a guest from the space, that would be separate.
- Letter will be drafted to member and his/her sponsor to inform them of their membership termination.
- Discussed policy regarding the cameras - what is appropriate to look at footage? Who is allowed to see footage?
- Issac will draft a policy
- Next board meeting: April 27 at 2pm. (lets make that a nice one!)
- Unanimously voted to approve the Operating Budget for 2019
- Unanimously voted to send a letter to the bank from our attorney in an attempt to gain more information.
- Unanimously voted to remove above mentioned member from organization (Issac, Billy, and Tracy recused themselves from voting)