Board Meeting: August 22, 2019
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
- 6:15 PM
Board: Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Tracy Homer, Bryan Howard, Sue Joslin, Billy Huddleston, Sean Simoneau, Andrew Messersmith, Members: Tony B.
- Say cool things because Billy is not here
- Sue gave financial update:
- She also had a shiny new report from paypal saying how much we are bringing in from paypal per month
- We had 174 members the end of July
- Sue has found a number of people who were behind on payments so we will deal with those people in a more private setting
- Tabby has stepped down from the Events Coordinator position (sad) so we need to find a person to head that
- Ray, Billy, and Xander have been posting events to the calendar.
- We think the person necessary should be present both on Tuesdays, and online.
- The responsibilities include being in charge of the calendar, liaising and encouraging people to get classes, and posting things online
- Linkedin exists, and we have a page there
- KILLSWITCH is being delayed until spring and we have a probable venue (after signing some legally documents)
- Andrew gives a codes update
- The secondary door is almost finished, the first door is a door. We're doing a workday on Saturday for the wall and then inspectors will inspect
- Issac updates us on the concerning sinkhole in the parking lot
- As far as we know, the stormwater people have not come out and looked at it
- Some city people suggested it was a "natural sink hole"
- Andrew suggested we start a reality tv show around a treasure at the bottom
- Issac ignored this and kept going with his update
- Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it..
- Sean said it was where IT lived
- Jondale thinks his lawyer has fled the country
- Perhaps he is being too nice
- Issac may know a lawyer or two and is taking over Jondale's failures
- Rental bay update: Down chairs, up $104
- Billy is wondering if we are going to ever have a czar meeting, and we maybe should communicate better between the czars and board
- Sue agrees we should have a czar meeting
- Sean is talking with Jim from the Makers Council tomorrow
- Sean also is interested in doing a survey of the members opinions
- Sean also brought up the idea of having a series of classes in winter around gift-making
- Sean is full of ideas tonight!
- This is quickly devolving....
- Next meeting: Thursday, September 19th, 6:15 pm
- Unanimously voted to not vote on anything this meeting