Board Meeting: October 13, 2019
Time & Location
- Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
- 1:30 PM
Board: Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Tracy Homer, Bryan Howard, Billy Huddleston, Sean Simoneau, Suzannah Alexander, Andrew Messersmith, Sue Joslin
- Sue gave a financial update.
- We have no idea what the membership is. Blame Jondale.
- Monies are looking good and dues are up.
- Issac is updating on our KILLSWITCH situation.
- We have a place and date sort of, but are waiting on a lawyer to look at the forms they gave us.
- He has asked to see our insurance policy as well and he will get back to us in a few days.
- Andrew updated on the wall and blacksmithing building
- The wall is looking great and the primer is looking really great.
- We need to put another layer of drywall on and not mud before getting inspected again.
- Next is installing the doors.
- No updates for the blacksmithing building
- We'll take a look after the meeting to see if any pieces are being damaged from sitting around so long.
- Jondale uploaded the lease forms to the cloud and available for use.
- How do we determine what is listed in haxdb or not? We could make an initial list and then ask the czars if anything is missing?
- How do we get rid of the sandblasting cabinet?
- Sean has appointed himself as head of the Kiss Committee and whoever takes the sandblast cabinet gets a kiss from him.
- Issac is adding stuff to the agenda now.
- He made a poster to advertise our Peace Officers.
- Now Issac is letting anyone add stuff to the agenda.... gosh.
- Sean went to the Mayor's Maker's Council meeting.
- He's heading up the Marketing Committee.
- Do we want to host a Makers Meetup? We'll talk about that in the future.
- There is an issue with people not using the filtration system in the woodshop.
- We will probably always have to educate people, but maybe we remind the membership more aggressively.
- We can also remind people of the consequences of not using the filtration, or spray cans outside, or other rules.
- Billy has flammable materials in his zone... tsk tsk.
- Can we get rid of the stupid lock safe? What about the janky cash box?
- No one but Tracy has strong feelings about it, so Tracy will deal with it
- Sue has some chairs that we can maybe get donated -but not too many.
- Suzannah needs help on what she needs to do since she's new and we just assumed she knew everything.
- For example, what tools need auth classes?
- Nightmare green is a real color.
- Board members are required to love these m-fers, no matter how many bandsaw blades they break.
- Next board meeting: November 15th, 7pm
- No votes :(