BoardMeeting201911

From Knox Makers Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Board Meeting: November 15, 2019

Time & Location

  • Meeting Located at 116 Childress St SW, Knoxville, TN
  • 7:00 PM

Attendees

Board: Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Tracy Homer, Bryan Howard, Billy Huddleston, Sean Simoneau, Suzannah Alexander, Andrew Messersmith, Sue Joslin

Members: Tony B., Steven V. (just at the end)



Meeting Minutes

  • We can't believe Sean is late again.... lets talk about street lamps instead.
  • Now Tracy's computer is being stupid
  • Sue gives financial report:
    • What do we do with the cosplay budget now that that zone has folded? See vote.
  • Issac feels like seconding motions today
  • Sue has to still get info to Tracy about changing the Paypal contact information
  • Tracy will start actually working on KILLSWITCH again now that Halloween is over
  • The wall is almost done being painted, just a few more things after that. Then we can get the final inspection.
    • The whole process is stupid. In fact, all processes are stupid.
  • Andrew only got one volunteer to help with the building this weekend.
    • Should we put these things on calendar or not?
    • After the posts get up, the framing should be "easy"
  • We should really be cultivating news contacts so that we can get our name out there.
    • It would be super cool if, when we were notably awesome, it could be known.
    • Also, the one time we *were* on the news, the something broke at the news and it didn't get online, so none of us saw it.
    • Maybe we could do something for the opening of the Blackmsithing Building
  • Issac wants to talk about the next year's board
    • Does each of us want to continue our roles on the board?
  • Not much progress on the chemical cabinet, more rental bays have been rented - yay
  • We also are almost out of member storage - should we add another shelving unit in the Danger Bay?
    • Should we allocate some moneydollars to get another storage rack? See votes.
  • Jondale has about the most annoying ringtone in the world, and did not silence his phone for the meeting
  • Billy priced out stripper curtains to put between the Danger Bay and Safe Bay to protect from dust and sound and such.
    • Maybe we should DIY this? We could name it the Andrew Memorial Curtain
    • How would this complicate the HVAC system?
    • Billy will do more research regarding the cost to add aircon.
    • Tracy's kid will definitely not help with the HVAC issue
  • When is Sue getting those spiffy new chairs?
    • Now Sue is taking chair orders
  • Please hold your bickering until the meeting de-convenes.
  • Next Board Meeting: December 11, 7:00pm

Votes

  • Voted to give cosplay money to Fabric Arts
  • Voted to go buy and install moar storage!