Board Meeting: March 15th, 2020
Time & Location
- Meeting Located virtually on Mattermost
- 2:00 PM
Board: Issac Merkle, Jondale Stratton, Tracy Homer, Bryan Howard, Suzannah Alexander, Sean Simoneau, Sue Joslin, Billy Huddleston
- Due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, it was decided that we would meet virtually via mattermost. Pants optional.
- Financial update:
- Looked at budget for 2020 - still needs some tweaking. This could be a slower year if we are all quarantined and can not hold classes.
- Probably can't spend as freely as last year
- It seems apparent that we need to put things on hold because of Covid-19
- There was going to be a Czar meeting but it was decided to postpone it instead of try for virtual
- We will update the calendar and put a sign on the door saying we are closed for the time being - send out an email to the membership and facebook and all that stuff
- Issac, Suzannah, and Sean wrote a policy on doing product reviews on the KM channel and it was great - no problems or objections at all. Good job!
- Tracy will confer with the Killswitch Committee about setting a new date
- Our HVAC member is awesome and will be starting in the next few weeks with getting the a/c ducting installed
- Tracy added stuff to the agenda...
- Next board meeting - hopefully in person - April 26th, 2pm
Votes (made by thumbsup emoji)
- Voted unanimously to postpone Killswitch
- Voted by majority to suspend public meetings, any classes or other events for the remainder of the month, revisiting then
- Voted not to change the guest policy for now
- Voted unanimously to adopt a Product Reviews Policy
- Voted by majority to allow board members to access camera footage remotely if there is unauthorized presence detected
- Vote for Issac to order stickers saying "Authorization Required" to put on authorized tools.
- Voted to review camera footage of a recent incident where someone left the shop unlocked and all the lights on.