Knox Makers' Commitment to Privacy
Respect for privacy is a core value of Knox Makers, and manifests in several ways.
- We collect as little personal information as possible while running Knox Makers effectively.
- We never sell or share your personal information with anyone.
- We avoid reliance on third-party services.
- We keep official communications to a minimum.
- We never use your contact information for promotional purposes.
- We redact the last octet of logged internet protocol (IP) addresses.
Personal Information We Collect
When you apply for membership at Knox Makers, buy a ticket to one of our workshops, or send us a message, we ask you for personal information, potentially including
- phone number
- email address
When you are physically present at the Knox Makers workshop, your image may be captured and stored by our security systems. When you attend a Knox Makers event, your image may be captured in a photograph taken for promotional purposes. You may choose to avoid photographers if you wish. When you participate in our Tuesday night “Show and Share” event, your image and voice are livestreamed to the internet.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for limited and specific purposes, such as
- to facilitate your membership application
- to provide an update about a workshop you've signed up for
- to respond to a query you've sent us
- to help us recognize new members at the workshop
Images captured by our security system, potentially including your own, may be reviewed by the Knox Makers Board of Directors and used to aid investigation of
- significant violations of Knox Makers rules, policies, and values
Knox Makers avoids technology implementations that compromise privacy silently through transparent use of third-party services. We do visibly use several third-party services, however, and you should be aware of their privacy implications.
We promote our events on popular third-party web platforms so as to reach a larger audience. Full participation in Knox Makers will never require that such platforms be utilized.
Knox Makers does not offer any services targeted towards or designed to appeal to children. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child may have provided personal information to us via our website, please contact us immediately. We will promptly destroy any such information.
Our data systems and operating procedures are designed to safeguard the information we collect. These systems and procedures are revised and updated as necessary to track with best practice and industry standards.