Jump to navigation Jump to search
Member Meeting: January 6, 2015
Time & Location
- Tobby R
- Doug L
- Sam M
- Andrew B
- Zack N
- Wade L
- Makhan V
- Isaac M
- Eric G
- Brian M
- Brian F
- Maksims G
- James B
- David B
- Jondale S
- Joe P
- Justin C
- Paul E
Sam showed us all the great things we did in 2014.
What did Knox Makers do in 2014?
Held Forty (40) Classes, Presentations, or Workshop sessions:
- 3D Printers - Are they ready for everyone else?
- A Night of Learning Exchanges
- Agile Project Methodologies
- Bike Maintenance Class
- Board Game BLOW OUT!
- Counterfeit Currency Detection Technology
- Email Signing/Encryption workshop
- Fun with Polymer Clay!
- Glass Bead Workshop
- Google Glass Demo & Discussion
- HIGH VOLTAGE AND FIRE Part II: laser cutter follow-up
- HIGH VOLTAGE AND FIRE: Using the laser cutter
- Hydrophobic Surfaces
- Image and Facial Recognition
- Inkscape for Laser Cutting
- Intro to Cosplay
- Intro to Inkscape!
- Intro to Pablo!
- Intro to Sketchup
- Introduction to Robotic Swarms
- KILL YOUR PHONE workshop
- KM 3-D Printer Intro
- Miracle Fruit "flavor tripping" party!
- Mystery Hack Night: Music
- Noteflight - Online Music Notation Software
- Now I GIT it!
- Oculus Rift Demo
- Onion Pi
- POISON AND MOLTEN METAL (or, Let's Solder!)
- PUMPKIN DESTRUCTION and other Halloween Mayhem
- Raspberry Pi Intro
- Security and Privacy
- Security and Privacy: Part 2
- Setting Up Your Own Cloud
- Soda Science!
- Solar Thermal
- TED Club: 4 Vids enter, 1 Vid leaves
- Turkey Week Board Game Night
- Vacuum Forming Night
Hosted Six (6) Special Interest Groups:
- Capture the Flag Team - DefCon (dc865.org)
- Coding Nights
- Knox Makers Boatbuilding Initiative
- Laser Cutter Build Team
- Open Art Nights
- Polargraph Build Team
Traveled to Eight (8) Group Outings and Tours:
- Akerworks Tour
- Local Motors Knoxville Grand Opening
- Manufacturing Demonstration Facility & Local Motors Tour
- Marble City Comiccon
- PechaKucha Night Knoxville Volume 10
- PechaKucha Night Knoxville Volume 11
- Sustainable Futures Tour
- Zombie Hunters Paintball Group Outing
Presented Ten (10) Demonstrations:
- 2nd Annual Steampunk Carnivale
- Arts and Cultural Alliance Member Meeting
- Blount County Public Library BBQ Bash
- Blount County Public Library Robot Extravaganza
- Children's Festival of Reading
- First Friday Demo
- Kingsport Mini Maker Faire
- Market Square Art Fair
- MUSE Robotics Revolution
- STFK Science Café "Will 3D Printing Change the World?"
Doug explained our financials for 2014 and spoke on our search for a new space.
The following board positions were held for election and filled:
|Tech Director||Brian Manifold|
|Creative Director||Issac Merkle|
|Communications Director||James Broyles|
|Facilities Director||Makhan Virdi|