Member Meeting: January 29, 2019
Time & Location
Members in attendance: 45
- Memorial to our dear friend Greg.
- Appreciation for our influential and hard-working former president, Doug.
- We won our first grants!
- We added Machining Zone!
- We did KILLSWITCH again!
- We won Best Non-Profit in Knoxville! (did not buy the plaque though)
Membership and Financial Report
- Membership grew from 138 to 159
- 10% growth is a good trajectory
- Back down to 9 Mikes - trying to lure one back to keep it at least 10
- Net income was about $12,500
Looking forward to 2019
- Let's do more classes!
- We're going to build a wall!
- We're going to also build an Outdoor Metal Area!
- In January already we converted the Leatherworking area into Cosplay.
- We said we'd install cameras last year... let's shoot for 2019.
- KILLSWITCH again!
The following Bylaws were changed by majority vote by secret ballot:
- Added back Treasurer as required board position.
- Changed the method to which a member is elected to the board
- Nominations must be submitted at least 30 days prior to Annual Meeting; this can be waived by the current Board.
- Candidates can be disqualified by 3/4 majority vote of the Board.
- Voting by proxy was eliminated.
- Board positions may be added or eliminated by 3/4 majority vote of the Board
- In midterm vacancies, positions may be filled by 3/4 majority vote by the Board.
- Members are no long allowed to hold unschedule, private events whenever they want.
The following Peace Officers were confirmed by majority vote by secret ballot:
- Ray Crampton
- Laurie Kay
The following board positions were held for election by secret ballot and filled:
|Tech Director||Jondale Stratton|
|Facilities Director||Bryan Howard|
|Events Coordinator||Tabby Sheldon|
|Community Director||Shean Simoneau|
|Development Director||Andrew Messersmith|