Jump to navigation Jump to search
Member Meeting: January 24, 2023
Time & Location
6:00pm Democracy Dogs in the Hospitality Zone 7:00pm at Knox Makers Classroom
President's Previous Year Report
- Thanks to Amos for the Democracy Dogs
- We had a very successful Make Sale - our very first one
- Extra special thanks to David N. for doing the heavy lifting on this - we will miss you so much!
- Thanks also to all of our Czar(ina)s and Deputies for all the work they put in to make KM amazing
- An update on the Western Heights project, and a review for those who don't know about it
- KCDC won their grant for the project
- Now they are looking to hire a Project Coordinator and will be in touch with us soon
- What will happen? We don't know yet!
- Last year we had 239 members and at the end of 2022 we had 308!
- Our most common names are Michael, Andrew, David, and John with 6 each!
- 2021 ending balance was $65,346 and 2022 ending balance was $87,084
- This past year we began taking 10% of our monthly net revenue and dividing up between the zones to pad their budget
- We also changed our class financial breakdown to give 50% to the zone, instead of 25% to the zone and 25% to the General Fund
- Both of these together lead to almost $3400 extra being filtered to the zones
Announcements of Vote
Welcoming our new Volunteer Coordinator=
- Russell reminded us all that everyone who does the work at KM is a regular member like anyone else, and that we all can work together to make KM work
- We hope to put on another Make Sale and maybe even Killswitch again?
President's Look Forward
- This year the Board made some yearly goals at our Annual Retreat
- Community Events
- We don't want to only have huge events, but also more frequent, small community building, like making Jondale and Brian grill for us
- Building ownership
- We don't want to rent anymore - we want to own our own place. This is going to take years of planning and saving so patience is key, but we have started thinking along those lines
- We have a lot of projects up in the air and it would be great to button them up and polish the shop up a bit
- Tuning up processes
- This one is more toward the board itself, to automate things and work out the kinks dealing from growing pains.
- Community Events
Thanks everyone for making KM awesome!
We voted online again, with ballots opening two weeks before the meeting and closing at 7:30pm the day of.
131 people voted
The following board positions were held for election by online secret ballot and filled:
|Tech Director||Jondale Stratton|
|Facilities Director||Bryan Howard|
|Community Director||Sean Simoneau|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Russell Portwood|