Quick Directions for Ubuntu:
You need the latest version of the python USB library. Check here [].
Go to the download directory and install the new package:
- sudo pip install pyusb
NOTE: If you don't have pip installed, you can install it with apt-get:
- sudo apt-get install python-pip
Go to github and download the repository: [] Go to the folder and run the following commands:
- sudo python setup.py build && sudo python setup.py install
Move files from the repository to your inkscape extensions directory:
- sudo cp sendto_silhouette.* /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/
- sudo cp -R silhouette /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/
The silhouette pretends to be a printer. To be able to send commands directly to the machine, you need to add yourself to the "lp" group. add yourself to the "lp" group:
- sudo usermod -G lp -a <your user name>
You'll need to log out of your computer and log in for the group settings to take effect. At this point, you can open up inkscape and run the silhouette.
The plugin is located under Extensions > Export > Send to Silhouette